Amazon Banner

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Maggie and Janet on the RUN!!

The weekend was hectic - people were over to clean and move furniture - the dogs were all excited and barking their heads off!! Did I ever HAVE a headache - lol. On Sunday the back yard was mowed quickly because we were hoping it would rain - (didn't happen - bummer) - the love of my life got over heated and came in to shower and go to bed. I let the girls outside about 15 minutes later I went to the yard - NO DOGS - all the gates to the front yard were left open. I was hysterical - I called Maggie over and over and hobbled into the front yard - I was afraid to take the time to wake my love up or get my cane - I was calling and calling their names. In that moment I was so afraid I would find Maggie in the street - hit by a car or worse yet that both of them had just "poof" vanished! When I got to the front I saw the garage door was also left open and I prayed they were in there - they weren't of course. Then I spotted them heading out of the cul de sac going down the street - I frantically called Maggie - who comes when called thank goodness (no cars were coming) - Janet on the other hand just stood there - I had to go and retrieve her. They were looking at me like I was totally insane. I was crying tears of relief and happiness. I don't know if I could have handled it if I had lost Maggie - she really is my only real family. Although I have AWESOME, GREAT friends who are family - Maggie is my baby. (Yes, I know she's a dog!). In those frantic moments I made a HUGE decision - I am going to get another cockapoopoo puppy from Missouri. The puppies won't be ready for about 8-10 weeks and I might regret my decision but at this point I think I am ready for another daughter. By the way it was just a horrible mistake so of course I wasn't really mad about what happened more relieved it all turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment